Location: Chipping Campden
Salary: £20,000 - £25,000
Job posted: 05/07/2019
Type: Full time
Coming from a Hospitality background, you’ll obviously know first class service when you see it. You’ll be able to deliver this with charm, charisma and natural flair. As an Assistant Manager, you’ll be well versed with all back and front of house operations, building a strong team and ensuring everyone who visits leaves with nothing but positive recommendations.
Front of house operations need to run like clockwork, and this begins with excellent management. Being the Assistant Manager, you’ll oversee the team, the back office and lending a hand to the General Manager whenever needed.
This property is rich in history and in one of the Cotswolds many beautiful villages. With both locals and tourist visiting, you’ll have a real variance in your clientele and so being able to adapt depending on who your guests are is key.
A few things about you:
- You’ll know how to manage a team effectively. A leader and not a delegator. You’ll have managed a team in your previous roles and have some stories on what you feel works best.
- You’ll have very high standards but manage them effectively. By this, we mean you can embed these standards to follow naturally for your wider team. They will adopt these and become as passionate as you are about the upkeep of the property and the service given.
- You’ll be energetic and enthusiastic. There’s nothing worse than a manager who doesn’t want to do the hard work on the floor. Being present and engaging will mean your team are, too.
- Looking smart is something you’ll take pride in. After all, first impressions count.
- You will have previous exposure with the back-office operations. You’ll be able to take stock counts, do the ordering, cashing up, appraisals and understand an effective rota etc.
What you’ll get:
- £20,000 – £25,000 doe including tronc
- Meals on duty (delicious if we may say so)
- Discount on food and beverage and overnight stays at sister properties
We are fully aware that your CV only tells part of your story, so if you would like to discuss the position in more detail, please contact OX Seven for a chat about the role and an opportunity to see the candidate brief.
Every application for the position will receive a response (positive or negative) and you will be given the opportunity to question decisions and receive further feedback.