Location: Burton upon Trent
Job posted: 16/07/2019
Type: Full time
As a Bar Manager, delivering first class service with charm, charisma and flair will be second nature. You will be well versed with all back and front of house operations, building a strong team and ensuring everyone who visits leaves with nothing but positive recommendations.
The bar operations need to run like clockwork, and this begins with excellent management. Being the first port of call for your team, you’ll oversee them, the back office and lending a hand to the wider management team whenever needed.
This property is rich in history and in a stunning Grade 2 listed building. With rooms almost always at capacity, plus Spas and facilities open to the public, you’ll have a real variance in your clientele and so being able to adapt depending on who your guests are is key.
A few things about you:
- You’ll know how to manage a team effectively. A leader and not a delegator. You’ll have managed a team in your previous roles and have some stories on what you feel works best.
- You’ll have very high standards but manage them effectively. By this, we mean you can embed these standards to follow naturally for your wider team. They will adopt these and become as passionate as you are about the upkeep of the property and the service given.
- You’ll be energetic and enthusiastic. There’s nothing worse than a manager who doesn’t want to do the hard work on the floor. Being present and engaging will mean your team are, too.
- Looking smart is something you’ll take pride in. After all, first impressions count.
- You will have previous exposure with the back-office operations. You’ll be able to take stock counts, do the ordering, cashing up your tills, appraisals and understand an effective rota etc.
What you’ll get:
- £25,000 p/a
- Meals on duty (delicious if we may say so)
- Discount on food and beverage and overnight stays (including sister properties)
- Gym and leisure membership
- Team parties and socials
We are fully aware that your CV only tells part of your story, so if you would like to discuss the position in more detail, please contact OX Seven for a chat about the role and an opportunity to see the candidate brief.
Every application for the position will receive a response (positive or negative) and you will be given the opportunity to question decisions and receive further feedback.