Business PR Executive
Job posted: 29/04/2019
OX Seven: Business PR Executive
Our partner is a family-owned, award-winning brand communications agency boasting an impressive portfolio of clients both regionally, nationally and internationally.
By continually investing in their people and new technology to ensure they provide their clients with a service that achieves exceptional results, they are now looking for a Business PR Executive who is full of ideas, knows what makes great copy, has terrific contacts and is confident pitching ideas that will excite journalists and secure coverage.
They’re a pretty big team sitting at over 100 employees, but haven’t by any means lost their close knit, values focused culture. With an incredible benefits package, they look after their staff as well as their clients.
What you’ll do:
- Developing strong relationships with clients and understanding their needs
- Creating PR campaigns that meet client objectives
- Writing press releases
- Pitching stories to journalists
- Responding to journalists’ requests, arranging interviews and organising press visits
- Creating media lists
- Building press coverage reports
- Participating in product launches, hospitality events and exhibitions as required
You’ll be a confident self-starter who understands the corporate world and is at ease sat around the boardroom table with company owners and directors.
What you’ll bring:
- Demonstrable experience as a PR account manager or journalist
- Strong written communication skills
- Educated to degree-level or equivalent
- A good understanding of business, commerce and finance
- Ability to cope in a fast-paced environment with a positive, ‘can do’ attitude
- Strong organisational and people skills
The role would suit someone already working as a PR account manager or a business journalist looking to make a career switch, or someone in a similar position looking for a new challenge with a company who really cares.
What you’ll get:
- £25-30k DOE
- Bonus scheme
- Sick bonus (£500!)
- New starter goodie bag – they love making people feel included from day one
- Team building outings
- Full training programmes and 121s
- Monthly massages
- Annual sports day
- Bonuses for certifications (such as Google/Drupal)
- Cake club Fridays
- Hospitality opportunities for sports games, VIP tickets to the o2 and Wembley
- Birthday champagne
To discuss the role further, please apply for this role and we will call you back at our earliest convenience. We are an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate against protected characteristics. Every application is valued, and we will let you know the outcome of your application (positive or negative) via phone or e-mail. If you would like clarity on any decisions, we are more than happy to provide feedback on your application.