Buyer - Kingham
OX Seven overview of the Buyer position:
We are working with an expanding, exciting group, who have a diverse business portfolio spanning different sectors and locations – very weighted in the hospitality industry. You will be joining a professional and dedicated team who expect a very high attention to detail.
You will be working alongside the groups Commercial Controller and Procurement Administrator, based from a beautiful modern open Finance office on a classic Cotswold farm just outside of Chipping Norton. As far as teams go, this is an extremely friendly one and you will feel part of something very special.
The Buyer role in a nutshell:
You will be buying directly and indirectly from a huge range of suppliers with a spend in its millions. Day to day, you will work with the heads of various companies with a view to reducing their net spend and increasing the profitability of the group.
You will be ensuring the entire groups pricing strategy is optimum. This will span over a wide range of products and services, so the variety will be huge, there are over 2000 SKUs from bathrobes to consumables, beverages to cutlery. Since the most part of your buying will be within the hospitality industry, broad knowledge of this will be hugely beneficial to hit the ground running.
There will probably be quite a bit of travel involved (expenses paid), so if you’re looking for a static Monday to Friday this probably won’t be ideal, but if you like the variance on where you are and what you’re doing – it’s great.
What the ideal Buyer would look like:
- You’ll be a capable buyer, preferably experienced in the hospitality sector
- Confident on procurement systems, our client uses Procure Wizard
- Not stuffy or corporate, it’s a very friendly office and not one for suits or ties
- Forward thinking and capable of working off own initiative
- Natural at building genuine relationships with clients and business’
What you get:
- £35,000 – £45,000 depending on experience
- Bonus scheme
- Generous discount at group properties
- Monday to Friday full time
- 20 days holiday, plus bank holidays
- Pension contributions as standard
We are fully aware that your CV only tells part of your story, so if you would like to discuss the role in more detail, please contact OX Seven for a chat about the role and an opportunity to see the candidate brief.
Every application will receive a response (positive or negative) and you will be given the opportunity to question decisions and receive further feedback.