Dev Team Lead
Industry: Information Technology
Job posted: 16/04/2019
OX Seven: Dev Team Leader
Our partner are the leading voice and technology brand in their field, working with the world’s biggest retailers they’ve made massive moves already – you’ll have seen their equipment when you’re out shopping.
With huge plans for the next year, they’re looking for a Dev Team Lead to be a key part of their transition from hardware company to a leading edge software house. You’ll be based in a purpose-built office on an impressive science tech business park with like minded people.
Currently at a headcount around 30, they plan on tripling this by 2020. If you’re looking for a company who have defined goals, know what they want and how they’ll achieve it – come in and build your department.
What you’ll do:
Reporting to the Technical Manager, you will be responsible for building the products that will take software from a small, single product to a full portfolio. This is a hands-on role in a fast-paced start-up environment and you will have the opportunity to make a massive difference by:
- Help the developers build the right things in the right way
- Work with Testers and Product Owners to build great quality products
- Invest in and mentor the team, building them into great developers
- Have a say in technical architecture and broader tech environment
What you’ll bring:
You’ll need good detailed experience in hands on development and a passion for leading other developers. You will have experience of working in an agile environment, an understanding of how to make it work and get buy in from the team.
Ideally, you will tick as many boxes as possible across their current tech stack:
- Frontend: React, Redux, Sagas.
- Backend: NodeJS/MQTT/Express/Feathers/RethinkDB
You’ll also have some of the following:
- JS and component based JS frameworks
- Tools such as Webpack
- CSS, SCSS, PostCSS or LESS
- NoSQL databases
- Working with real-time data
- Writing automated tests
- Working in CI environment
- Knowledge of UI usability, web applications, and responsive designs.
- Strong user-focus
What you’ll get:
- Full time, Monday to Friday – 37.5 hours
- Up to £75,000 DOE
- 25-50% company bonus scheme – extremely realistic to hit the top end
- 25 days holiday plus your bank holidays
- 5% pension contribution
- Enhanced maternity & paternity
- Life assurance
- Private medical insurance
- Employee assistance programme
- Free on-site parking
- Cycle2Work scheme
- Professional subscriptions
- Personal training & development budget
To discuss the role of Dev Team Lead further, please apply for this role and we will call you back at our earliest convenience. We are an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate against protected characteristics. Every application is valued, and we will let you know the outcome of your application (positive or negative) via phone or e-mail. If you would like clarity on any decisions, we are more than happy to provide feedback on your application.