Electronic Design Engineer
Job posted: 17/05/2019
OX Seven: Electronic Design Engineer
We are working alongside technological experts and pioneers in the automotive market. Having been established for over 100 years, and the employee head count increasing by over 44% in the last 3 years, they service some of the most recognisable and prestigious brands in their industry. With unrivalled expertise in LED optical design, development and manufacture, they have a presence on a global scale.
Their continuous and rapid growth is testament to their ethos of “high quality” which is embraced by each member of staff. As they continue grow, they are looking for an Electronic Design Engineer to join their Design department.
What you’ll do:
- You will be responsible for full conceptual design, schematic, layout, prototyping and testing of electronic systems for LED based automotive lighting, typically these are high technology, low volume Headlamps and Rear lamps
- You will work as part of a small, enthusiastic design team, with support from experienced electronic, mechanical and optical engineers
- You will have direct involvement in the project at every level from customer (some of the world’s most exclusive vehicle manufacturers) to supplier with occasional travel abroad is expected as part of the role
What you’ll bring:
- High level of Electronics design expertise and qualifications combined with a wide-ranging interest in electrical systems and applications.
- Experience of electronics system design at component level for: Low power DC-DC convertors, power circuits with consideration to thermal management, EMC critical design and layout
- PCB layout experience for multi-layer boards using modern CAD systems
- Hands-on technical skills for building and testing prototype circuits
- Automotive electronics design experience, possibly with CAN/LIN BUS systems. Familiarity with implementation of micro-controllers
- Experience in writing EMC test plans, supporting product during test and resolving issues
- Knowledge of high and low volume PCB manufacturing processes
- Good team working, communications and problem-solving skills
- Good PC skills including Microsoft Office
- Experience with LED lighting systems
- Experience with use of simulation tools – SPICE etc.
- Experience of working alongside mechanical engineers to understand packaging and manufacturing constraints
What you’ll get:
- Salary £40,000
- 25 days + statutory bank holidays
- Generous pension scheme
- Annual pay reviews
To discuss the role further and to see a full candidate brief, please apply for this role and we will call you back at our earliest convenience. We are an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate against protected characteristics. Every application is valued, and we will let you know the outcome of your application (positive or negative) via phone or e-mail. If you would like clarity on any decisions, we are more than happy to provide feedback on your application.