Salary: £17,500 to £18,500 PLUS COMMISSION AND GRATUITIES, MEALS AND HEALTH CLUB MEMBERSHIP
Industry: Health & Wellness
Job posted: 11/06/2019
Type: Full Time
OX Seven: Fitness Instructor Gloucestershire
Our partner is an award-winning luxury Hotel Spa in the Heart of the Cotswolds. This stunning, historic property are looking for a Fitness Instructor to work alongside the Fitness Manager to support their highly skilled Fitness team. You’ll be joining The Hotel and Spa that blends soothing cotemporary looks with the appeal of a classic country house hotel.
Facilities include a beautiful outdoor fireside hot tub, indoor pool, sauna and steam rooms, relaxation lounge, Yoga and Pilates classes, an up-to-date health club with the latest technology in fitness and wellness, amazing restaurants and tennis courts. Be part of an award-winning Spa Team, working within an exceptional spa and luxurious health club.
This is a Spa Hotel and Health Club with guests and over 600 members so it is essential that you are a Fitness trainer that is current in terms of trends, that you have great communication skills, eager and able to interact well both in a class format and one to one, with all levels of the public.
You will need to be within a reasonable commuting distance from Tetbury in South Gloucestershire and the hours (shift which can start from 6am through to 8pm) – they have to be a reasonable distance from work to be able to do it.
What you’ll do:
- To assist the Fitness Manager in the efficient running of the Fitness Department.
- To ensure the Fitness Department runs smoothly by completing Daily Procedures.
- Proactive approach to client interaction.
- Completing assigned tasks from Fitness Management.
- Instructing regular Fitness Classes.
- Provide Gym Inductions for Members.
- Provide Gym Progress Updates for Members.
- Provide Client Health Assessments
- Offer Personal Training.
- Complete daily Water Quality Tests of Pool & Hot Tub.
- Complete daily Gym Cleaning where assigned.
- Weekly Facility Maintenance eg. Pool, Hot Tub, Sauna, Steam Room, etc
- Responsible for the opening & closing of the Spa.
- Ability to carry out Receptionists duties and shifts when required.
- Promote other aspects of the business suitably.
- Carries out any other reasonable tasks requested by Management Team to aid the smooth running of the Spa.
What you’ll bring:
- 2 years relevant Industry experience
- Gym Instructor LEVEL 2
- Personal Training Qualification Level 3
- Exercise to Music/Aerobics Qualification desirable
- Yoga/Pilates Qualification desirable
- Swimming Instructor Qualification desirable
- Experienced with delivering a good range of studio classes of a high quality
- Plant Room knowledge desirable
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- High standard of personal appearance
- Computer literate
- Pro-active approach to work duties and a positive attitude
- Confident manner and a sunny disposition
- Good team player
- Must have own transport
What you’ll get:
- £17,500 to £18,500 depending on experience
- Commission on retail sales
- Commission on fee-paying Fitness Appointments
- 28 days holiday per annum (inclusive of Bank Holidays).
- Uniform provided,
- Meal provided on duty
- Discount on product purchases
- Discount on Treatments
- Use of the Swimming Pool & Gym on working days
Our partner is passionate about their people and there is a clear progression route for those who shine.
Please also note that due to the location of this property, public transport will not be an option to travel on – you’ll need your own transport.
To discuss the role of Spa Supervisor further, please apply for this role and we will call you back at our earliest convenience. We are an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate against protected characteristics. Every application is valued, and we will let you know the outcome of your application (positive or negative) via phone or e-mail. If you would like clarity on any decisions, we are more than happy to provide feedback on your application.