Location: Burton upon Trent
Job posted: 26/02/2019
OX Seven overview of the Head Housekeeper position:
We are lucky to work alongside a stunning hotel and spa which has an outstanding reputation across the country. This award-winning Grade II listed stately manor retreat is set in 50 acres of quintessential English countryside. The Hotel and Spa pairs period style with modern luxury and attentive service.
With a recent refurbishment, over 100 rooms and multiple state-of-the-art facilities, they are looking for a Head Housekeeper to oversee the housekeeping and laundry operations and ensure the daily and smooth running of a very large-scale hospitality operation.
Your day-to-day as a Head Housekeeper in a nutshell:
- Coordinate the day to day planning, management and control of the whole housekeeping and laundry operation
- Continually review the processes, creating new practises where anything falls short
- Oversee budget and cost control of all housekeeping inventory
- To motivate, lead and direct all staff in the department to ensure everyone is happy and on task
- Monitor and supervise daily rota to ensure cover is sufficient
- Demonstrate excellent team management skills and lead by example
- Organise and keep record of housekeeping logs
- Conduct team members appraisals, new starters and ongoing training with the help from HR
- To attend both in house and external training courses
- Follow all health and safety, COSHH and PPE guidelines
What we will look for in the Head Housekeeper:
- Excellent communicator and manager
- Fine attention to detail
- The ability to communicate with both staff and guests – you will be face to face with them regularly
- Punctual and excellent time keeping
- Experienced housekeeper from a large hotel background
You may be a senior housekeeper in another similar property looking at taking your next step up, or perhaps a head housekeeper elsewhere looking for a change of scenery and a generous package.
What you get:
- £30,000 per annum depending on experience
- Discount at sister properties
- Complimentary leisure membership
- Discounted spa treatments (for friends and family, too!)
- Various corporate benefits
- Staff party
To discuss the role further and to see a full candidate brief, please apply for this role and we will call you back at our earliest convenience. We are an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate against protected characteristics. We will update on your application status via e-mail regardless of the outcome.