Head of Digital Content
Salary: Disclosed upon application
Job posted: 15/05/2019
Type: Full time
OX Seven: Head of Digital Content
As the Head of Digital Content, you will be managing a number of impressive marketing and communication strategies for our partners continually expanding client base. When we say pretty impressive and large-scale, think brands like o2, Samsung, Microsoft, Adobe, and Symantec – that kind of impressive.
You will have done this before, so you know clearly what is expected. You will have a publishing mindset with the most important aspect being to think “customer first”. In a nutshell, the Head of Content is the corporate storyteller that must be empathetic toward the pain points of the customer.
Since our partner provide integrated marketing communications services for clients in multiple sectors, you will always have something interesting going on and some fast-paced strategies to work on.
What you’ll do:
- Developing and implementing marketing activity to maximise lead generation through social media, affiliate, PPC, mobile and website content
- Leading a team of digital content creatives to drive performance
- Developing an integrated approach to managing content and assets across video, social and graphic design
- Embrace change and adapt strategies on the fly
- Act as the company’s spokesman and advocate via media appearances, interviews, sales calls, trade shows etc
- Both long-form content creation and real-time (immediate) content creation including distribution strategies and tactics
- Clear articulation of the business goal behind the creation of a piece (or series) of content
- The ability to lead and inspire teams of creative personnel and content creators to achieve
- company’s goals
- Familiarity with principles of marketing with the ability to adapt or ignore them as dictated by data
You’ll be heading up a team, so will want to know all there is to know and be a dab hand at being at the forefront of the latest tech and platforms. Knowing what works, why it works and how to implement it across other business’, you will work with internal stakeholders to develop and implement digital campaigns.
What you’ll bring:
- Excellent negotiation skills and confident mediator
- Great powers of persuasion and presentation (Visio, PowerPoint)
- Proven editorial skills
- The ability to think like an educator, intuitively understanding what the audience needs to know
and how they want to consume it
- Outstanding command of the English language
- Fluency in web analytics tools (Adobe Omniture, Google Analytics), social media marketing
applications (HootSuite, Tweetdeck etc) and leading social media monitoring platforms (Radian6, etc)
- Experience creating a resource or library of content organized indicating SEO, affiliate, social analytical translations and version control
- Basic technical understanding of HTML, XHTML, CSS, Java, web publishing, Flash, etc
What you’ll get:
- A genuinely competitive salary, which will be disclosed upon applying.
- Standard holiday, rising by 1 day each year.
- Friday Beers
- 2 x annual company parties
- 1pm Friday finish (dependant on KPI’s being met)
- Duvet day
- Birthday lay in
- Anniversary bubbly
- Occasional team lunches
- Weekly awards
To discuss the role further, please apply for this role and we will call you back at our earliest convenience. We are an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate against protected characteristics. Every application is valued, and we will let you know the outcome of your application (positive or negative) via phone or e-mail. If you would like clarity on any decisions, we are more than happy to provide feedback on your application