Head of National Awards Events & Client Services - Oxford
OX Seven overview of the Head of National Awards Events & Client Services role:
Due to a brilliantly successful 2018, a well-established research and events company are looking for a Head of National Awards Events & Client Services to join their senior management team.
You will have responsibility for delivering the seven national awards events, your focus will be on ensuring you maintain the high quality for the guests, managing speakers and overseeing the AV production.
Your day-to-day as the Head of National Awards Events & Client Services:
Initially you will report into the part-time former head of events then once you have found your feet you will report directly to the founder and CEO.
• You will be responsible for the delivery of the annual programme of national awards events (attended by 200+ guests) and ensure they continue to stand out in a crowded marketplace. You will be expected to attend the events, none of which are held on the weekend or during school holidays
• You will co-manage and motivate a six-person events team, being involved at a detailed operational level with delivery and development of our bespoke events
• You will build on the existing event supplier relationships, particularly AV and filming, working together with them to ensure their output is constantly improving
• Being a real people’s person. You will help invite speakers (c25 a year predominantly from their impressive network) and build relationships with them
• You will account manage and service their blue-chip sponsors at both the operational level and at the highest senior level
• You will also be involved with the production of tailored invitee lists and relevant guest info
• You will know it all when it comes to finding boutique hotels and private dining rooms to host our bespoke events
What we will look for on your CV:
The ideal candidate need not necessarily come from a pure events background, but should be a graduate and hold great, in depth experience in a similar position.
You may come from a background of focusing on HNW individuals, business networking or organising membership-based events. PR or investor relations, corporate broking or wealth management will all be highly regarded.
To thrive in this role, you will need:
- Willingness to embrace the company culture of continuous improvement
- Have a strong interest in entrepreneurs and HNWI
- An excellent ability to communicate with senior members of business and account handling
- Robust, organised and quick to learn operational needs
- Highly service orientated and experienced and building strong relationships
What you get:
- £45,000 – £65,000 per annum
- Personal and professional development
- Opportunity to take an extra day’s holiday to participate in a charitable event of your choice
- Flexible working arrangements
- 25 days holiday
- Relaxed dress code
- Plenty of UK travel
- Subsidised social events