Industry: Information Technology
Job posted: 16/04/2019
OX Seven: Junior Developer
Our partner are the leading voice and technology brand in their field, working with the world’s biggest retailers they’ve made massive moves already – you’ll have seen their equipment when you’re out shopping.
With huge plans for the next year, they’re looking for a Junior Developer to be a key part of their transition from hardware company to a leading edge software house. You’ll be based in a purpose-built office on an impressive science tech business park with likeminded people.
Currently at a headcount around 30, they plan on tripling this by 2020. If you’re looking for a company who have defined goals, know what they want and how they’ll achieve it – come in and build your department.
What you’ll do:
You will be responsible for building great products that will take the software from a small, single product to an impressive portfolio that will delight customers and bring significant recurring revenue in to the company by:
- Building greenfield products, the right way
- Working in an agile environment with Testers and Product Owners to build great quality products
- Learn. Lots.
What you’ll bring:
You’ll need to demonstrate a real passion for technology. You’ll likely have (or be about to get) a good degree, but you’ll definitely be confident writing some kind of code and will be keen to work in a team environment. You will have a hunger for constant learning and self-improvement. You’ll be a good communicator and able to manage yourself and your time effectively.
Their current technical stack is as follows – any experience in these or related technologies would be a bonus:
- Frontend: React, Redux, Sagas.
- Backend: NodeJS/MQTT/Express/Feathers/RethinkDB
You might also have a couple of the following:
- JS and component-based JS frameworks
- Tools such as Webpack or Parcel
- CSS, SCSS, PostCSS or LESS
- Databases (preferably NoSQL)
- Working with real-time data
- Writing unit tests
- BDD / Gherkin / Cucumber / Selenium / Cypress
- Understanding of Continuous Integration
- Knowledge of UI usability, web applications, and responsive designs.
- Strong user-focus
- Understand the need to communicate progress and share challenges within the team.
What you’ll get:
- Full time, Monday to Friday – 37.5 hours
- Up to £35,000 DOE
- 25-50% company bonus scheme – extremely realistic to hit the top end
- 25 days holiday plus your bank holidays
- 5% pension contribution
- Enhanced maternity & paternity
- Life assurance
- Private medical insurance
- Employee assistance programme
- Free on-site parking
- Cycle2Work scheme
- Professional subscriptions
- Personal training & development budget
To discuss the role of Junior Developer further, please apply for this role and we will call you back at our earliest convenience. We are an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate against protected characteristics. Every application is valued, and we will let you know the outcome of your application (positive or negative) via phone or e-mail. If you would like clarity on any decisions, we are more than happy to provide feedback on your application.