Live in Housekeeper
Location: The Cotswolds
Job posted: 11/01/2019
OX Seven overview of the Live in Housekeeper position:
OX Seven are working with a quintessentially English country manor house in the heart of the Cotswolds. This stunning, 2,000 acre estate is looking for a live in housekeeper to oversee the high standards throughout, including household cleaning, washing, ironing and maintaining and preserving the beautiful period features. This is a wonderful opportunity for a housekeeper to join wider community of estate staff and become a part of something different.
Your day-to-day as a Live in Housekeeper:
The housekeeper will oversee all the household cleaning and duties. During the summer months, the main house is open as an exclusive wedding venue with high profile guests. It’s kept exclusive with only around 10-12 a year, but this will be most weekends throughout the season so a lot of turnovers to complete and high standards to maintain.
During the winter months, it is home to the estate owner, so ensuring the house is kept at top condition throughout the ‘down time’. Linens and laundry are mostly done by a local company, though ironing, small loads and making the rooms back up will be the norm.
What I will look for in the perfect housekeeper:
- Experienced housekeeper
- Friendly, intuitive and confident
- Someone able to notice the finer details
- Highly organised
- The ability to learn the house and its personality
- A good level of spoken English
- Hard working and happy to ‘muck in’ with the wider estate team
- Happy to work weekends (ideal candidate will work at least one day every weekend)
- Cooking capability will be favoured (ability to cover and help the live in couple when required)
- Basic salary c. £17,000
- No living expenses:
- Free accommodation for you (and partner if required), (two bedroom apartment on the estate) including bills
- End of summer bonus
- Holiday and pension as statutory
- Lovely estate team and owner
To discuss the Live In Housekeeper role further, please apply for this role and we will call you back at our earliest convenience. We are an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate against protected characteristics. Every application is valued, and we will let you know the outcome of your application (positive or negative) via phone or e-mail. If you would like clarity on any decisions, we are more than happy to provide feedback on your application.