Mig/Mag/Tig Welder Operator
Job posted: 28/03/2019
Type: Full time
OX Seven: Mig/Mag/Tig Welder Operator
Our partner has manufactured medium to large high integrity, mission critical products for a broad range of high technology business sectors for more than 150 years. Based in the heart of Cambridgeshire, they are developing a World Class manufacturing facility for high integrity Nuclear Waste Containers.
As a Fabricator/Welder you will join a team of highly skilled and motivated associates in the early stages of production for high integrity Nuclear Waste Containers within our new word class facility.
What you’ll do:
- Assemble, fabricate and weld stainless-steel parts and subassemblies
- Proactively resolve issues
- Identify improvement initiatives and continually improve process efficiency
- Maintain visual information
- Maintain 5S
- Create and maintain a world class facility
What you’ll bring:
- The understanding of engineering drawings
- Mig/Mag and Tig experience in stainless steel
- The ability to work as part of a team to achieve quality standards and meet production deadlines
- Ablility to operate overhead cranes and workshop equipment
- Experience of robotic welding would be beneficial
Like our client, you’ll be passionate about quality and process improvement. You will hold a relevant apprenticeship with demonstratable experience in Mig/Mag and Tig processes.
What you get:
- £36,000.00 per year
- 42-46 hours rotating day/night shift Mon to Fri & Mon to Thurs
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
To discuss the role further and to see a full candidate brief, please apply for this role and we will call you back at our earliest convenience. We are an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate against protected characteristics. We will update on your application status via e-mail regardless of the outcome.