Operations Director - Kingham
OX Seven overview of the Operations Director position:
We are working with an expanding group whose portfolio of eclectic boutique hotels and restaurants span the Cotswolds, in some of the countries most popular villages and towns.
We are looking for an experienced Operations Director to come in, lead and manage the success of their Cotswold sites. With two new openings in the pipeline and a reopening due in Spring, now is a perfect time to join the collection and put your stamp on the continual development.
The Operations Director role in a nutshell:
You may have been a multi-site general manager, or an Operations Director for another group, and you’re now looking to join somewhere progressive and exciting. With new sites currently under development, it’s imperative that you’ve had opening experience and thrive off the fun of seeing something through from planning to implementation.
This is going to be a very hands on role, you will be at different sites each day, ensuring you give your support and guidance to the management teams reporting into you. Being an Operations Director is more than just checking paperwork and margins, you will be engaging and a real driving force for the properties. You may be required to cover shifts where required for holidays or sickness, so if you’re averse to being on the floor with your teams, this won’t be for you.
It is important though, that the financial and commercial side of the role is something that comes naturally to you. You’ll need to demonstrate strong business acumen to ensure your ability to drive results across the board is consistent and always being pushed.
What the ideal Operations Director would look like:
- Exceptional commercial awareness – always on top of where the business is positioned and where competitors are at, both locally and nationally
- Strong background in multi site management
- Someone who loves being out and involved with their teams and managers, you’ll be there to lead and motivate the properties, and that can’t be done from behind a desk
- Self motivated and a real ‘go getter’
- Financially focused and the ability to achieve results
- Ability and confidence to report information at board meetings with Directors
What you get:
- £45,000 – £55,000 depending on experience
- Generous discount at group properties
We are fully aware that your CV only tells part of your story, so if you would like to discuss the role in more detail, please contact OX Seven for a chat about the role and an opportunity to see the candidate brief.
Every application will receive a response (positive or negative) and you will be given the opportunity to question decisions and receive further feedback.