Senior Optical Design Engineer
Job posted: 15/03/2019
Type: Full time
OX Seven: Senior Optical Design Engineer
We are working alongside technological experts and pioneers in the automotive market. Having been established for over 100 years, and the employee head count increasing by over 44% in the last 3 years, they service some of the most recognisable and prestigious brands in their industry. With unrivalled expertise in LED optical design, development and manufacture, they have a presence on a global scale.
Their continuous and rapid growth is testament to their ethos of “high quality” which is embraced by each member of staff. As they continue grow, they are looking for a Senior Optical Design Engineer to join their Development and Distribution centre.
What you’ll do:
- Building and testing prototype lighting systems
- Create incoherent lighting system design used in reflectors, lenses and filters.
- Testing optical systems
- Ray-Tracing for design and prediction of optical behaviour
You will be responsible within a team for the design, prototyping and testing of all optical systems for the automotive lighting projects. You’ll have excellent knowledge and background in this area already and will be able to come on board and fall easily into your position.
What you’ll bring:
- Degree, HND level or equivalent qualification in Physics or related engineering course
- Familiarity with Photometric and Radiometric system units and conversions
- Understanding of Colormetric behaviour of components
- Knowledge of LED and filament source behaviours
- Strong Mathematical abilities
- Good team working, communication and problem-solving skills
What you’ll get:
- £45,000 per anum
- 25 days + statutory bank holidays
- Generous pension scheme
- Annual pay reviews
To discuss the role further and to see a full candidate brief, please apply for this role and we will call you back at our earliest convenience. We are an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate against protected characteristics. Every application is valued, and we will let you know the outcome of your application (positive or negative) via phone or e-mail. If you would like clarity on any decisions, we are more than happy to provide feedback on your application.