Optical Mechanical Design Engineer - Aylesbury
OX Seven: Optical Mechanical Design Engineer
We are working alongside technological experts and pioneers in the automotive market. Having been established for over 100 years, and the employee head count increasing by over 44% in the last 3 years, they service some of the most recognisable and prestigious brands in their industry. With unrivalled expertise in LED optical design, development and manufacture, they have a presence on a global scale.
Their continuous and rapid growth is testament to their ethos of “high quality” which is embraced by each member of staff. As they continue grow, they are looking for an Optical Mechanical Design Engineer to join their Development and Distribution centre.
What you’ll do:
- Full lifecycle optical or opto-mechanical design
- Work with small cross-functional teams or independently to generate new design concepts
- Define and agree customer technical requirements
- Generate detailed 3D part geometries using CAD design software
- Conduct design reviews, documentation of design verification studies and validation test results
- Generate 2D engineering drawings with GD&T
- Creation of new parts, control and release of design data through company ERP & PDM systems
- Process design changes using engineering change process to development or released designs & drawings
- Support the specification, procurement and construction of optical test and calibration equipment
- Agreeing test plans, test procedures and testing of optical system
- Support cross-functional teams to resolve customer quality or performance issues
- Investigate new design methods and techniques
- Carry out presentations to promote company optical design capabilities at exhibitions
- Carry out internal training courses to understand new optical products and concepts
You will be responsible for the design, prototyping and testing of all optics. You’ll have excellent knowledge and background in this area already and will be able to come on board and fall easily into your position.
What you’ll bring:
- Degree, HND level or equivalent qualification in Physics or related engineering course with optical content
- Strong knowledge of Optical design software – Zemax or LightTools
- Experience of LED Lighting product design
- Knowledge of the lighting market, including industry standards and specifications
- Demonstratable experience in SolidWorks.
- An understanding of injection-moulding part design tool requirements, moldflow and mould materials
- Excellent communication skills.
- A commitment to producing right first time quality designs and parts
What you’ll get:
- £40,000 to £42,500 per annum
- 25 days + statutory bank holidays
- Generous pension scheme
- Annual pay reviews
To discuss the role further and to see a full candidate brief, please apply for this role and we will call you back at our earliest convenience. We are an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate against protected characteristics. Every application is valued, and we will let you know the outcome of your application (positive or negative) via phone or e-mail. If you would like clarity on any decisions, we are more than happy to provide feedback on your application.