Location: Burton upon Trent
Salary: £9 - £9.30 p/h
Job posted: 16/07/2019
Type: Full time
Coming from a kitchen background, you’ll know how they work, how to make it through a busy service and where a Pastry Chef fits in.
It’s incredibly important that you come from somewhere that works with fresh and seasonal ingredients. Everything is made from scratch and created in house. You’ll be a passionate advocate of this and sourcing local produce.
This property is rich in history and in a stunning Grade 2 listed building. With rooms almost always at capacity, plus Spas and facilities open to the public, you’ll have a constant flow of guests to feed and treat. The most important thing is that the guests are happy, have a glowing review to leave and cannot wait to return.
A few things about you:
- You’ll have a passion for all things fresh and seasonal.
- You will have a few years’ experience as a Pastry chef (rank wise, we’re looking around CDP level experience and responsibility)
- You’ll have very high standards. Working alongside another Pastry Chef who has won some impressive awards, you’ll learn from the best and always be pushed to achieve more.
- You’ll be energetic and enthusiastic.
- You’ll like to input on new ideas. Afternoon tea is very popular and regularly themed for events, so you’ll be interested in getting involved and seeing what you can add.
What you’ll get:
- £9 – £9.30 hourly plus tronc
- 4 day week (3 off) – usual hours around 48
- Meals on duty (delicious if we may say so)
- Discount on food and beverage and overnight stays (including sister properties)
- Gym and leisure membership
- Team parties and socials
We are fully aware that your CV only tells part of your story, so if you would like to discuss the position in more detail, please contact OX Seven for a chat about the role and an opportunity to see the candidate brief.
Every application for the position will receive a response (positive or negative) and you will be given the opportunity to question decisions and receive further feedback.