Salary: £35,000 - £40,000
Job posted: 28/02/2019
Type: Full time
OX Seven overview of the Production Manager position:
Our partners are an innovative and creative business who specialise in the food production industry. Through partnerships with some of the world’s most impressive, leading manufacturers and producers they create a diverse and high-quality range of products.
They are now looking for a Production Manager to take the ownership of the production assembly and daily warehouse operations.
Your day-to-day as a Production Manager in a nutshell:
- Responsibility for health and safety practises and procedures
- Ensure production is always maintained at ‘audit ready’ status
- Working with the QA department to ensure the effective monitoring and adherence to quality systems making corrections where necessary
- Guarantee that production productivity is maintained and where possible, improved
- Managing a team of 5 direct reports, overseeing development requirements and ensuring sufficient cover at all times
- Work with cross functional teams
- Identify CAPEX requirements and develop business cases, and successfully delivery CAPEX projects
What we will look for in the Production Manager:
- Experience in a production role
- Knowledge of food production processes, standards and regulations
- Health and Safety in depth knowledge for a food manufacturing environment
- Budget planning and management
- NEBOSH knowledge is desirable
- Able to anticipate and identify production related problems and ensure solutions are effectively implemented
- Strong analytical abilities
- Proven leadership and management skills
You will be responsible for the smooth overall running of the production and warehouse operations, with a shift supervisor, 3 engineers and a warehouse supervisor reporting into you on a daily basis.
Your leadership skills and technical capabilities need to be second to none and it would be a real benefit for you to have worked within the food industry already.
What you get:
- Salary £35,000 to £40,000 dependent on experience
- Monday to Friday 8.30-5.00
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Medicash cashback scheme and retail discounts
- Childcare vouchers
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free parking
To discuss the role further and to see a full candidate brief, please apply for this role and we will call you back at our earliest convenience. We are an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate against protected characteristics. We will update on your application status via e-mail regardless of the outcome.