Project Manager - Buckingham
OX Seven are proud to be partnering with technological experts and pioneers in the automotive market. Having been established for over 100 years, and the employee head count increasing by 44% in the last 3 years, they service some of the most recognisable and prestigious brands in their industry. Their continuous and rapid growth is testament to their ethos of “high quality” which is embraced by each and every member of staff. As they continue grow they are looking for a Project Manager to head up their projects department.
I want to speak to people who are or have:
- Experienced working with an automotive company – preferably a 1st Tier Supplier
- Experienced in Project Management – ideally with a relevant qualification e.g PRINCE 2
- Educated to a degree level or equivalent in a technically based subject
- Excellent presentation skills
- Ability to communicate with and work alongside people from all levels of the business
- Problem solving and negotiation skills
- Ability to motivate and lead a team
Why would you want this role?
You will be joining a company who are one of the biggest employers in Buckinghamshire and expanding rapidly. Supplying products to automotive big hitters such as Lamborghini, Aston Martin and Rolls Royce they are innovators in design and as a Project Manager you will be of paramount importance in bringing their visions to life.
The role’s main purpose is to manage, drive and control individual and multiple projects which meet the customer’s, and company’s expectations at all stages. You will also be able to identify potential weaknesses in the engineering process and escalate them accordingly.
What are your key responsibilities?
- To lead project teams to deliver the objectives for new product introduction ensuring use of best practice project management techniques
- To liaise with and maintain a good working relationship with the customer
- To lead customer project meetings and visits when required
- Ensure that all projects are managed in accordance with the company policies and procedures
- Control and delivery of budgets for prototypes, development and tooling expenditure
- Maintain project timing plan and highlight concern areas
- Chair and minute project meetings with the project team as appropriate
- Reports project summary including preparation of phase exit documentation
- Communicate clearly issues to the project team and plan resources accordingly
- Be responsible for preparation of commercial aspects, especially engineering changes and traceability of these through the project
- Support the Programme Manager’s on cost drive initiatives on current business
- Manager engineering changes on current production parts
Salary and Benefits
- Basic salary of £45,000 to £50,000
- Company bonus scheme
- 25 days + statutory bank holidays
- Pension matching scheme (up to 6%)
- Company car
- Private healthcare
- Life insurance
To discuss the role further, please apply for this role and we will call you back at our earliest convenience. We are an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate against protected characteristics. Every application is valued, and we will let you know the outcome of your application (positive or negative) via phone or e-mail. If you would like clarity on any decisions, we are more than happy to provide feedback on your application.