Quality Manager - Banbury
OX Seven overview of the Quality Manager role:
You will be joining an extremely well-established and respected company who are leading suppliers of food products on the global stage. Their rich and proud history spans 175 years and they continue to experience steady annual growth whilst ensuring their core values and ethos are exuded throughout every process and the global supply chain.
The company is currently going through a transitional period in their working culture with a focus on building sustainable long-term business partnerships. They are now looking for a Quality Manager to oversee and ensure their products and processes continue to meet the highest possible standards.
Your day-to-day as a Quality Manager:
- You’ll be developing, implementing and controlling all aspects of the company Quality Management Systems
- You will develop, co-ordinate and control all independent external audits and inspections
- Ensure all operations are carried out in line with the H&S at Work Act
- Develop and maintain an effective HACCP system
- Manage all product and service complaints, ensuring full communication with customers and internal elements as appropriate
This is a truly global organisation and offers opportunities to progress professionally across different departments and countries (if you choose).
My partner takes self and continual development very seriously, providing personal development plans to each employee and continually logging and monitoring professional progress.
What we will look for on your CV:
- Extensive experience in a Quality Management function
- Experience of Quality Management within the food industry
- HACCP qualified – Level 3
- Exceptional communication and people management skills
- A practical and holistic approach to development and continuous improvement
- Represent the core company values; Customer focus, Passion, Entrepreneurship, Team Spirit and Integrity
What you get:
- £50,000 per annum
- Annual bonus
- Pension contribution
- Company car or monthly car allowance
- 26 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Health care
- Monday – Friday 35 hours per week
We are fully aware that your CV only tells part of your story, so if you would like to discuss the role in more detail, please contact OX Seven for a chat about the role and an opportunity to see the candidate brief. Every application will receive a response (positive or negative) and you will be given the opportunity to question decisions and receive further feedback.