Senior IT Infrastructure Engineer
I am working with one of the UK’s largest food production companies that are looking to bring on a Senior IT Infrastructure Engineer to their rapidly growing, multi-tiered IT department.
As a senior member of the IT infrastructure team, you will work on projects designed to improve the underlying technologies and platforms which host the various IT services across the business.
Currently, a mixture of on premises and cloud-based services support the business functions from finance through to their factory operations teams 24/7.
The primary focus of this role is Active Directory services, PowerShell automation, Azure Stack HCI Management, Microsoft 365 and Azure service enablement.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Recommend infrastructure improvements in line with Security best practices.
- Participate in Service Design sessions where technical requirements are captured and documented by the Infrastructure Team.
- Represent the Infrastructure Team in the technical design authority and change approval board.
- Develop high quality technical documentation including handovers and training workshops for support teams.
- Keep up to date with industry trends for IT Infrastructure focusing on Azure, Azure Stack HCI, Microsoft 365 and Windows Server family.
- A team player who is self-motivated, enthusiastic to learn and leads by example.
- Proactive approach to work, with a positive and flexible attitude.
Who you are:
- Advanced Active Directory (Replication, Kerberos, Topology design).
- Deep knowledge of Active Directory Certificate Authority (Certificates, Templates, PKI).
- Advanced PowerShell skills with a focus on automation.
- Microsoft Storage Space Direct / Azure Stack HCI / Hyper-V.
- System Centre VMM, Windows Admin Center and Azure ARC.
- Experience in designing and delivering DR solutions.
- Good knowledge of networking (switching, routing, VLANS, STP) and firewalls.
- Proven background in Windows Server administration – 2012, 2016, 2019 & 2022.
- Linux / FreeBSD experience.
- Experience of ITIL incident, problem and change management.
Benefits package includes:
- Up to £55k
- Hybrid working, ideally located within 30/40 minutes from Brackley, Northants
- 31 Days Holiday
- Life Insurance
- 6% pension
- Various lifestyle benefits, including wellbeing resources
- Personal development through regular training sessions with senior members of staff
If you are interested or want to know more (including seeing the full client job brief), send me a message, DM, call me – whatever is easiest. Having an up-to-date CV to hand is ideal, but if you haven’t got one immediately, we can still chat through the position, and you can learn more.
Every applicant will receive a response. We sometimes make mistakes and miss things from CVs, so you will be given an opportunity to receive feedback and discuss the role in more detail if you feel necessary. We encourage anyone who feels they are suitable to apply, we love seeing diversity in our applicants. We use specialist technology to ensure there is no gender bias in our adverts.