Senior Sous Chef
Location: Burton upon Trent
Salary: up to £32,000
Job posted: 16/07/2019
Type: Full time
Having been in the industry a while, you’ll be a very competent and capable Chef. The Senior Sous will provide support to the Head Chef and Executive Chef with sourcing, menu, prep and planning. You’ll have experience leading a team and will know the most effective environment for people to work. Kitchens can be volatile and get a bad rep, so it’s important you’re approachable and generous with your knowledge.
It’s imperative that you come from somewhere that works with fresh and seasonal ingredients. Everything is made from scratch and created in house. You’ll be a passionate advocate of this and sourcing local produce.
This property is rich in history and in a stunning Grade 2 listed building. With rooms almost always at capacity, plus Spas and facilities open to the public, you’ll have a constant flow of guests to feed and treat. The most important thing is that the guests are happy, have a glowing review to leave and cannot wait to return.
A few things about you:
- You’ll have a passion for all things fresh and seasonal.
- You will have detailed hotel experience at a high level – rosette preferred
- Experienced over multi-sites – conference, bistro, fine dining etc
- You’ll have very high standards and be able to impart them onto the wider team.
- You’ll be energetic and enthusiastic.
- Having input and pushing new ideas will be natural to you.
What you’ll get:
- £30,000 – £32,000 plus tronc
- Meals on duty (delicious if we may say so)
- Discount on food and beverage and overnight stays (including sister properties)
- Gym and leisure membership
- Team parties and socials
We are fully aware that your CV only tells part of your story, so if you would like to discuss the position in more detail, please contact OX Seven for a chat about the role and an opportunity to see the candidate brief.
Every application for the position will receive a response (positive or negative) and you will be given the opportunity to question decisions and receive further feedback.