Spa and Leisure Manager - Burton upon Trent
OX Seven overview of the Spa and Leisure Manager position:
We are lucky to work alongside a stunning hotel and spa which has an outstanding reputation across the country. This award-winning Grade II listed stately manor retreat is set in 50 acres of quintessential English countryside. The Hotel and Spa pairs period style with modern luxury and attentive service.
With a recent refurbishment, over 100 rooms and multiple state-of-the-art facilities, they are looking for a Spa and Leisure Manager to oversee the entire Spa and Leisure operations and oversee the daily and smooth running of a very large-scale hospitality operation.
Your day-to-day as a Spa and Leisure Manager in a nutshell:
- Manage customer satisfaction across departments
- Anticipate, identify and ensure customer needs are being met in the best possible way
- Exhibit a professional attitude, diplomacy and an ability to handle difficult situations
- Stay on top of spa trends and competitor offers
- Guide staff to become caring problem solvers, cooperative, accommodating and fair
- Forecasting and costing across all departments
- Develop Spa, Leisure, Retail, Gym, Membership and Hair Marketing Strategy to ensure a constant and positive brand image is always being portrayed
- Attend Management meetings and hold staff meetings to convey all relevant information throughout the Spa, Leisure, Retail, Gym, Membership and Hairdressing.
- Implement ongoing training for staff to ensure everyone is up to date and
What we will look for in the Spa and Leisure Manager:
- An experiences Spa and Leisure manager, confident in managing fast paced environments
- Proven track record of exceeding targets
- Leisure and membership experience
- Someone who leads by example
- Experience building capable and friendly teams
- Comfortable being customer facing – you will be front of house and an active member of the team
- Confident with P&L reports, payroll and budgets and positively influencing them
- Energetic and positive – your demeanour will set the tone for the rest of the team
Our client boasts multiple facilities so it’s important you’re confident across a broad spectrum of departments. This includes the extensive Spa and treatment rooms, Hair Salon, hotel guest and membership bookings and a retail department.
What you get:
- £30,000 to £35,000 based on experience
- Discount at sister properties
- Complimentary leisure membership
- Discounted spa treatments (for friends and family, too!)
- Various corporate benefits
- Staff party
To discuss the role further and to see a full candidate brief, please apply for this role and we will call you back at our earliest convenience. We are an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate against protected characteristics. We will update on your application status via e-mail regardless of the outcome.