Technical Support Consultant
Salary: £20,000 to £30,000 DOE
Industry: Information Technology
Job posted: 11/07/2019
We are delighted to be partnering with a software company who due to continued growth are looking for a Technical Support Consultant to join their team. As the Technical Support Consultant, you will be providing first and second line support for customers, with issues ranging from application functionality issues to performing investigations to ensure maximum software performance.
Why would you want this Technical Support Consultant role?
You will be joining an organisation who are very well respected and place emphasis on delivering quality applications to their public and private sector clients. Due to their continued success they are looking for a Technical Support Consultant to join their team.
This is a varied role and you will be kept very busy. As well as customer support you will also be assisting the implementation managers by performing upgrades and applying patches to client systems. You will also be involved in user testing to ensure new versions of the company’s software meet the necessary standards before release.
This is a company who are highly regarded for the quality of the work that they produce. They place great emphasis on their staff and encourage a culture of continuous improvement through their fantastic training.
Ideally for this Technical Support Consultant role you will have:
- Experience in application support – a significant part of this role is providing guidance to customers on how to use the software
- Ability to write queries in SQL for Microsoft SQL Server
- Skills in Technical troubleshooting
- Strong communication skills
- Experience reviewing and writing technical documentation
Knowledge/Experience of the following would be highly desirable but not essential:
- Experience with reporting tools – Microsoft Access, Business Objects or SQL Reporting Services
- Ability to use advanced formatting in Microsoft Word to perform mail merges
- Educated to degree level
- Knowledge of Local Government contracts and finance management systems
What do you get in this Technical Support Consultant position?
- £20,000 to £30,000 per annum (DOE)
- Some flexible working arrangements
- Wear what you want to work
- 25 days holiday plus the opportunity to buy additional days
- Team social events
- Subsidised training
- A city centre office with excellent transport links
If you would like to discuss the Technical Support Consultant role in more detail, please contact OX Seven for a chat about the role and an opportunity to see the candidate brief.
Every application for the Technical Support Consultant role will receive a response (positive or negative) and you will be given the opportunity to question decisions and receive further feedback.