Job posted: 15/03/2019
OX Seven: Technician
We are working alongside technological experts and pioneers in the automotive market. Having been established for over 100 years, and the employee head count increasing by over 44% in the last 3 years, they service some of the most recognisable and prestigious brands in their industry.
Their continuous and rapid growth is testament to their ethos of “high quality” which is embraced by each member of staff. As they continue grow, they are looking for a Technician to join their production department.
What you’ll do:
- The Technician will provide hands-on moulding technical support to production
- Organise the shift production team
- Train operators
- Maintain quality and safety standards and operate procedures
- Continuously strive to eliminate and reduce waste within the manufacturing process: scrap, rework, consumables etc
- Achieve daily production plans and report performance daily to Mouldshop Supervisor
- Control and collate product quality and process control data
- Brief team members at the beginning of shifts
- Maintain and strive to improve housekeeping standards
- Provide direct machine operator cover as necessary
- Provide technical assistance in the development of new products through design reviews, tooling reviews and tool or process trials
You will be responsible for achieving quality, cost and delivery targets for the manufacturing team. You’ll have excellent knowledge and background in this area already and will be able to come on board and fall easily into your position.
What you’ll bring:
- Demonstratable injection moulding setting
- Experience in moulding machine trouble shooting
- Excellent communication skills at all levels
- Supervisory experience of production operators
What you’ll get:
- £30,000 per annum (20% late shift)
- 25 days + statutory bank holidays
- Generous pension scheme
- Private healthcare
- Life insurance
- Annual pay reviews
To discuss the role further and to see a full candidate brief, please apply for this role and we will call you back at our earliest convenience. We are an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate against protected characteristics. Every application is valued, and we will let you know the outcome of your application (positive or negative) via phone or e-mail. If you would like clarity on any decisions, we are more than happy to provide feedback on your application.