Are you a Spa Professional with a background in Spa Management and a wealth of experience?
We are looking for a Therapy Manager for one of the UK’s largest destination Spas to efficiently manage and maintain the high standards of the day to day therapy department.
This is a 12 month maternity cover role which requires expertise in a number of areas, including:
- Spa Operations
- Training & Development
- Health & Safety
Job role & purpose
To efficiently manage and maintain the high standards of the day to day therapy department. To ensure that they operate with well formulated objectives and contribute to the resorts profitability by increasing revenue, meeting budgeted targets, providing the highest level of customer service, staff are proficiently and legislatively trained ensuring quality and excellence of products and services guided by the leisure and spa director whilst leading and motivating our existing team.
• Policy and operational implementation as agreed with the leisure and spa director.
• Manage and recruit staff within agreed compliment and budgets.
• Maintain staff motivation and discipline through team leadership structure and liaise with the Human Resource advice team and the leisure and spa director in relation to staffing policies and requirements.
• Organise team members to deliver activities and required standards to ensure smooth operations of the department.
Main Responsibilities & Duties
• Coordinating the day to day planning, management and control of all activities within the spa.
• High quality delivery of services, customer relations and contact with guests. Monitoring quality of delivery and guest perception of quality within the therapy department.
• To develop and maintain the highest level of contact and communication with customers to ensure confidence and satisfaction.
• Taking responsibility for the business performance of the therapy areas
• Implement procedures and quality standards including, sales results and targets, KPI’s, decoration, cleanliness, atmosphere and attractiveness of the department.
• All treatment quality control records are maintained and monitored in accordance to the standards set by the product houses and the Spa Resort.
• Respond to customer problems and complaints when required, notifying the leisure and spa Director of difficulties within 24 hours – keeping a log of the issue and action taken.
• Accurately monitor treatment room stock levels and losses
• Maintain daily financial reports and utilization figures
• To record accurate stock check/losses monthly
• To produce financial reports and comparisons as required
• To ensure strict compliance with all company procedures and code of practice regarding purchasing, stock and cash control
• Yield management regarding daily availability
• To ensure compliance with all company procedures and codes of practice as contained in the employee handbook.
• Ensuring that all employees adhere to the company’s uniform standards.
• To motivate, lead and direct all staff in the therapy department to ensure they maintain an acceptable level of performance.
• With the support of Human Resource Advice Team manage; carry out recruitment, induction, rewards and training development for the therapy team. Take a team approach to ensure that all team members have clearly defined job roles and performance reviews (individual and team) and training for job competence and personal progress.
• Monitor staffing levels and supervise duty rosters in the therapy areas, ensuring coverage sufficiently suited to the requirements of the business and satisfactory time keeping and attendance whilst maintaining accurate records and within budget parameters.
• Monthly team review meetings to ensure monitoring and controlling of areas including objectives/ sales targets, standards, maintenance and follow up, codes of practise and tight control over security and safety, team development and motivation to ensure a team culture.
• To undertake performance reviews every six months and annual appraisals with all team members working within the therapy department in line with company policy.
• Demonstrate team leadership skills and commitment to Human Resource Management and staff development in line with our companies Equal Opportunities Policy.
• All staff are trained to fulfil job roles and all aspects of H&S with supportive training records.
Training and Development
• To ensure staff are fully inducted into their roles
• Identify training and developmental needs within the department through job analysis and appraisal schemes.
• Continuous monitoring and updating employee records, checking that all training is up to date and all relevant paperwork is present.
• Monitoring and reviewing progress of new employees and other types of training by using feedback questionnaires and through discussions.
• Develop and implement training schedules and programmes where necessary, based upon the business, departmental and individual needs; ensuring standardisation and consistency throughout.
• Monitor effectiveness of training programme.
• To identify one’s own training needs
Health and Safety
• To work with the leisure and spa director to implement high standards of health and safety within the work place
• To maintain the highest level of personal presentation always and where uniform is provided this is always to be worn.
• Maintaining high standards of quality control, ensuring facilities comply with hygiene, safety legislation relating to regulations, licensing legislation and general health and safety.
• Maintain high awareness and observation of Fire, Health and Safety Regulations.
• To ensure compliance with Company policy, codes of practice and Government legislation regarding cleanliness, hygiene, health and safety, first aid, fire precautions, evacuations, security and any matters regarding dealing with the public. Keeping accurate records for potential inspection.
• Ensure compliance with the Health and Safety at Work Act and other statutory instruments and codes of practice in all designated areas.
• To promote a safe, healthy and secure environment.
• Ensuring that the team maintain a high awareness and observation of all aspects of health and safety throughout the departments, (including safe working practices) recording any information required under Health and Safety Legislation.
Important Note: The role is a full-time position which will require working evenings and weekends as dictated by the Leisure and Spa Director.
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role within the organisation and the overall business objectives of the organisation.