Tooling Programme Manager - Buckingham
OX Seven are proud to be partnering with technological experts and pioneers in the automotive market. Having been established for over 100 years, and the employee head count increasing by 44% in the last 3 years, they service some of the most recognisable and prestigious brands in their industry. Their continuous and rapid growth is testament to their ethos of “high quality” which is embraced by each and every member of staff. As they continue grow they are looking for a Tooling Programme Manager to join their engineering department.
I want to speak to people who are or have:
- Time served apprenticeship or HND, BEng/BSc in a relevant discipline.
- Demonstrable track record and experience in the provision of high quality injection mould tooling solutions.
- Project management capability.
- Good presentation/Communication Skills
Why would you want this role?
You will be joining a company who are one of the biggest employers in Buckinghamshire and expanding rapidly. Supplying products to automotive big hitters such as Lamborghini, Aston Martin and Rolls Royce they are innovators in design and as a Tooling Programme Manager you will be of paramount importance in bringing their visions to life.
The role’s main purpose is to manage the specification, procurement, development and manufacturing integration of new or replacement tooling to support new product introduction and provide continuing technical support to design and manufacturing.
What are your key responsibilities?
- Maintain and review a shortlist of preferred toolmakers, based on Quality, Cost, Capability, Management and Delivery.
- Provide budgetary and firm quotation packages from toolmakers for the provision of prototypes and production tooling for new products or replacement tools for existing products to meet the needs and expectations of the business in terms of quality, cost and delivery.
- Provide project management support to toolmakers in order to ensure delivery of project objectives.
- Negotiate effectively with toolmakers to reduce costs and lead times as appropriate using knowledge gained through experience of all parties and technical expertise to ensure that tooling solutions are both cost-effective and robust to deliver the objectives of the projects.
- Continued ownership and development of the Tool procurement manual, hold updates every three months with the team/group.
- Develop and implement a sustainable tool preventative/predictive maintenance standards to ensure optimisation of tool performance.
- Provide technical input into the design of components to maximise the principles of “Design for Manufacture” as appropriate to deliver the project objectives.
- Actively seek and encourage the input of manufacturing personnel, material suppliers and other appropriate parties into the continuous improvement of our tooling and manufacturing capabilities, ensuring that learning points from previous projects and best practice are adhered to.
Cost: Project Budgets, Budget accuracy
Delivery: Project Timing Plan Milestone Achievement
Quality: Delivery of Project Requirements, quantity of changes, modifications and corrections
Health & safety: Risk Assessments of Tooling Solutions
Salary and Benefits
- Basic salary of £40,000 – £45,000
- 25 days + statutory bank holidays
- Generous pension scheme
- Annual pay reviews
- Extensive and ongoing learning, development and training opportunities
To discuss the role further, please apply for this role and we will call you back at our earliest convenience. We are an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate against protected characteristics. Every application is valued, and we will let you know the outcome of your application (positive or negative) via phone or e-mail. If you would like clarity on any decisions, we are more than happy to provide feedback on your application.