Unit Controller - Finance
Salary: £35,000 - £40,000
Job posted: 14/05/2019
Type: Full time
OX Seven: Unit Controller – Finance
Do you have in depth knowledge of controlling incredibly complex sales ledgers or overseeing the reconciliation of multiple sites? Due to the nature of the position, it’s hugely important that you’re coming from a hotel/spa background and hold an understanding of the intricacies they bring.
The group you’ll be joining own luxury properties across the UK, so you’ll oversee multifaceted areas within them. I know we’ve said it already, but it’s really important you have hotel sales ledger familiarity and the confidence to go into the property and take control. The Unit Controller will report directly into the Finance and Managing Directors of the group, so being able to talk to people at all levels is imperative.
What you’ll do:
The properties are all 7 day operations and as a result have complex reporting books and high volumes of transactional records. You will be providing senior directors with reports based off the reconciliation you do each day – so accuracy is key.
- Develop and monitor all on site procedures around sales controls and reporting
- Liaise with sites to ensure accurate records are kept in accordance with company SOPs
- Reconcile all sales/payment methods and balance sheet movements daily
- Report revenue and KPIs daily
- Carry out all month end reconciliations and postings including VAT
- Carry out all month end reporting as required
- Ensure all ledgers are kept up to date and reviewed regularly
- Ensure that all city ledger accounts are up to date and funds received promptly
This position will require you to be on site twice a week, one at a property in Staffordshire and one in Lincolnshire – both are just under 2 hours away from the main office in Kingham, so completely doable if you’re north of us. The office you’ll be in for the other 3 days is bright and airy, on a beautiful farm just outside of Chipping Norton and full of lovely people.
What you’ll bring:
- A thorough hospitality background with experience of large hotels is ideal
- ResortSuite knowledge would be a huge bonus (but we realise this is a very small pool of people)
- Sage knowledge would be an advantage
- IT skills – especially Microsoft Excel with ability to manipulate spreadsheets
- Confident communicator who can liaise with people of all levels including Directors
- Strong personality to ensure compliance of company policy
What you’ll get:
- Basic salary is £35,000 – £40,000
- Group discount on the different properties
- Full Time working hours Monday – Friday
To discuss the role further or to see a candidate brief, please apply for this role and we will call you back at our earliest convenience. We are an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate against protected characteristics. Every application is valued, and we will let you know the outcome of your application (positive or negative) via phone or e-mail. If you would like clarity on any decisions, we are more than happy to provide feedback on your application.